Students have mailed us to write something to enhance their newspaper reading. So we came up with an article about 7 great tips to read the newspaper for civil service examination. If you missed our most read article on how to read the newspaper for IAS examination, please do read it and come back to this article.
- Get the clear idea about the UPSC exam so that you will be able to identify what to read and what to not while reading the newspaper.
- Concentrate on only exam related syllabus and articles.
- Give your goal the first preference. It is so easy to get excited when you got to see your favorite person or topic but it all will only take your precious time from you. Keep in mind that you are reading the newspaper with the goal to get succeed in IAS exam.
- Make short notes on what you are reading. It should be short and understandable.
- You don’t need to go in-depth on the particular topic. It is only needed to understand the basic problem and its conclusions for the sake of country and society.
- Try to split the notes into categories like geography, polity, economics, environment, ecology, science, and technology, etc. This method will help you to ease your preparation.
- Reading Newspaper for IAS exam will help you in all stages of your exam like the prelims, the mains and in an interview. Be serious about taking your time on reading it. Take a proper position and sit at your study table so that you won’t miss any of the important news. Apart from preparing for an exam, it is an excellent habit that will be maintained for a long time and making you a socially aware, well-informed person in the society.