IPS which is also called as Indian Police Service which is almost an attractable job in this world. We might get attracted on IPS by movies on which our favorite hero rocks as an IPS officer. As becoming an IPS officer you can enjoy the power and authority of your job role. In the 24 services, this is the uniformed service. As like IAS you have to attend UPSC civil service examination which is held every year.
This article going to be an eye-opener to explore the required qualifications to become an IPS Officer in India.
In this article, we have curated the qualification, age limit, number of attempts and physical and medical fitness eligibility to become an Indian Police Service officer.
Having a Graduation in any stream is a basic qualification from a Government approved institution.
The candidates those who are in final year graduation can also apply for this examination.
IPS Examination Syllabus
You can find here the UPSC syllabus you have to read if you want to become an IPS Officer.
IPS Age Limit
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- For a General candidate, the upper age limit will be 32 years.
- For OBC, SC/ST candidates upper age limit will be 35 and 37 respectively.
Read this: List of NCERT books you need to download to clear IAS Examination
IPS Medical Fitness
- Minimum height for the male is 165 CM
- Minimum height for the female is 150 CM
- (There is a height relaxation for ST)
- Chest for Male should be 85 CM and should expandable up to 5 CM.
- Chest for Female Candidate should be 79 CM and expand up to 5 CM.
- Spectacles were permitted.
- Myopia and Hypermetropia should not exceed +4.00D
- High-Grade color vision and binocular vision needed.
IPS Selection Procedure
As like IAS, you have to clear
- Mains and
IPS – Training
After this, you will be pushed for training in Mussoorie where other IAS officers who have selected in your batch will train. This training will be for 1 Year. After completion of this training, another 1 year will be spent on NPA – National Police Academy in Hyderabad.
In the successful completion of 2 years of training, you will be posted as Assistant Commissioner in the state where you already opted to work.
Also Read: How to become an IAS officer
I think the information we have provided above will be sufficient for you now. Please subscribe to our email to get regular updates.
Read More Articles: